Suspects Being Held Without Bond for Alleged Prom Rape in South Carolina

tmp_28423-image (7)-1127483598A group of friends are being accused of sexual battery and being held without bond for the alleged crime. The victim in this case is an incapacitated woman. One of the accused in this case is a minor, Adan Valdes. The state of Florida is looking into charging Valdes as an adult for this crime. He will stay in juvenile jail until June 1, 2016, the date of his next hearing, per the orders of a South Carolina County judge.

The other alleged perpetrators in this case are Luis Rosello, Adrian Machin and Julio Fernandez, all age 13. These three are also being held without bond in jail as a result of their hearing on Wednesday.

The mother of Julio Fernandez spoke to Andrew Perez, a Local 10 News reporter on Wednesday, stating, “Go look for the real criminals, the ones that are killing people every day and can’t be found. These are a couple of kids that violated her. She was drunk.”

The New York Times reported that his father learned that his son had been injured but did not know where he had been taken and searched four hospitals to find him. He’s  father health has not been good and in the last six years has undergone operations on his heart.

The incident was reported to have occurred at Bal Harbour Quarzo luxury boutique hotel. It was reported on May, 1, 2016. Three of the accused, Rosello, Machin and Valdes, all attend South Carolina’s G. Holmes Braddock Senior High School. Other students who also attend this school state that this incident took place after the prom at a hotel party. They claim that a video made its way around the school showing the attack.
Andrew-Perez-jpg_686230_ver1.0_1280_720
Detectives state that the victim was first assaulted by Valdez with an umbrella handle. Machin and Rosello then allegedly assaulted the victim using a marijuana cigarette. Detectives investigating the case state that both Fernandez and Machin confessed to what they did during the attack. Fernandez allegedly told detectives that he felt no remorse. His, attorney, however, is saying that he only filmed the incident and did not assault the victim.

glazer-mindy-s-jad-4-Article-201410311120-500x375cJudge Mindy Glazer stated, “From my reading of it, he’s recording it and then the victim gets further abused every time somebody plays it and watches it on the internet and he’s a participant in the egregious crime.”

“When tragedy strikes, victims and their loved ones are left with questions as to how to proceed and handle the financial components of the situation,” said Joe and martin of a top personal injury firm headquartered in South Carolina. “It is important that they get the information and support that they need so that they can keep their focus on recovering and supporting their loved one.” Visit https://joeandmartin.com/ for details.

The alleged assault continues to be the talk around the school. Tweets and other postings of that night are focused more on this matter than the actual prom. All four of the suspects are facing charges of sexual battery by multiple perpetrators and sexual battery of a physically incapacitated person.

The prosecutors will continue with the case and continue to work on securing and presenting the proper evidence. More details will become available as more hearings and court dates are scheduled and carried out.

 

 

Share Button